Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Praying for the Nations


My world was rocked earlier this year when I took a class called Perspectives. Through this experience, God revealed so much more of His heart that seemed so new, and yet so perfectly aligned with the God I knew and loved.

God's heart for the nations is evident throughout scripture, from the Genesis through Revelation, but Matthew 24:14 is one of the most striking passages: "And this gospel of the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come." 

This is what our Jesus is waiting for! He will not come until the whole word has heard the gospel of the Kingdom! And when that day comes, Revelation 7:9-10 will comes to pass: 
"After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:
     'Salvation belongs to our God,
          who sits on the throne,
          and to the Lamb.'"
It just gives me tingles! But as glorious as that day will be, we're not there yet. And when we look around, it's difficult to imagine that day ever coming. So what can we do? How can we be involved today, right where we are? I'm going to humbly ask you to join me in 31 days of praying for the nations. Not because I have a great understanding of it, but rather because I don't have a clue. But if God loves the nations enough to write them into His Word, then I want to love like that, too.

So why am I focusing on praying for the nations?
Because I'm not good at it.
Because it scares me.
Because my head knows prayer is powerful, but my heart needs to know it, too.
Because I'm selfish.
Because we're called to love as God loves.
Because I believe God wants to show us something.

Will you join me?

Day 2: Dominican Republic
Day 3: Iran
Day 4: Italy
Day 5: Somalia
Day 6: Libya
Day 7: Kenya
Day 8: Russia
Day 9: Brazil
Day 10: Pakistan
Day 11: Ecuador
Day 12: Guatemala
Day 13: Spain
Day 14: India
Day 15: Philippines
Day 16: United Kingdom
Day 17: Greece
Day 18: Netherlands
Day 19: Myanmar
Day 20: Refocus
Day 21: Australia
Day 22: Uganda
Day 23: Germany
Day 24: Indonesia
Day 25: Saudi Arabia
Day 26: Argentina
Day 27: Scripture
Day 28: Belgium
Day 29: Syria
Day 30: Haiti
Day 31: United States of America

1 comment:

  1. Good topic, but hard, too. So many of us want to do this, but fail.

    Interestingly, I read an article about North Sentinel Island, called the Forbidden Island. There are people there completely cut off from the world, the Sentineli or Sentinelese have had no contact with anyone for 10 years. How, then, do they find the gospel, unless we are praying for God to open doors?

    Blessings on you in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete