Tuesday, November 8, 2011

8. Warm Food on a Cold Night

We've had a gorgeous fall, and I've loved the days of weather that are absolutely everything autumn should be. Today was not one of those days.

It is cold, rainy and has been inky black dark since about 4:45 p.m. Great help for a grateful spirit, right? ;-) My drive home was dreary and soggy, but now I'm sitting in my dry, warm apartment with a blanket over my lap getting waiting to eat some hot, tasty goodness. As the smell of one of my favorite comfort dishes reaches me and my husband starts getting out the dishes, I realize the rain sounds nice and peaceful against the window. The dark seems to make our apartment more cozy. It's amazing what a little change in perspective (and location) can do!

Creamy, cheesy enchiladas are a little taste of Momma's kitchen!
I feel so blessed to have a place to call home, the means to create a hot meal, Mom's recipe and a pretty amazing person with whom to share it. What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. This looks good enough to eat. Great job! I always knew you would figure out the cooking thing. :-)

    Oh, yeah. I'm thankful for the smiles you bring to my life.

    ReplyDelete