Wednesday, November 16, 2011

16. The Hard Days

Many of you know Nate and I have been going through a challenging season of life for the last while. We've been learning so much about our faith and each other, and I'm thankful for the constant source of comfort we find in our Savior and His crazy beautiful grace.

Today we took another hit in the hurts category. My grandma received a difficult medical report, and we're trying to sort out what it all means. Part of me admittedly gets so frustrated when hard life events keep piling up, yet I'm thankful for the promises of Scripture that gives us the authority to hope.

Last Sunday our pastor urged us to fight getting lost in the "Why?" questions that have no answers, but instead focus on the "How?" questions. How is God using this? How is He calling you closer to Him through these circumstances? I believe God is using each and every tough day to further shape and refine our hearts into His image. I believe it because He promised. And He always makes good on His promises.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28


So tonight I'm thankful for the God who allows hurt for a purpose, for the God who never leaves or forsakes, for the promise of His blessed hope.


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13

Today's blessings:

  • A loving, supportive husband and family
  • Communication technology to bridge the miles
  • An unexpected hug from a girl who really meant it
  • Children's voices

1 comment:

  1. Dear Anne,
    I really needed to hear this today. Bless you, bless you.

    Love,
    Beth Mouw

    ReplyDelete