Tuesday, November 8, 2011

7. Prayer Warriors

Yesterday started off unexpectedly. My aunt has been courageously battling cancer for quite some time now, and she was admitted into the ICU with a life-threatening infection. Being halfway across the country from her, I felt quite helpless to do much of anything aside from checking updates from my mom. Let's just say I wasn't the most productive person at work!

Though there are many miles between us, I was able to do something simple yet amazingly powerful. I asked for prayer.

I called on eight of my dearest prayer warriors, women who pray with fierce reverence and perseverance, to pray for my aunt's healing and comfort for our family. And I know this all sounds trite, but you know what? After not being sure if she would make it through the night, my aunt's breathing tube was removed today and she is fully conscious. We serve a good God, do we not? :-)

Today I am thankful for my dear sisters in Christ, for the ability to come before God in prayer, and for a God who both hears our prayers and has the power to heal what is broken. 

Aunt Sandy, you are being prayed for by women in at least 5 different states (and I have a hunch a few more) and are greatly loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment