Friday, November 18, 2011

18. Today

I knew when I woke up this morning that it would be a crazy day. Sitting at the end of it, I'm exhausted but still can't wipe the smile off my face. As I've mentioned previously, today was the Club's first choir performance of the school year. While I've been involved with several choirs throughout the years, this was my first time facing the choir instead of the audience. And this time I got to face a choir comprised of 20 7- to 11-year-olds whom I've grown to cherish completely. Amazing.

I cannot say this performance went off without a hitch, but I can say that I am so grateful to have made these memories. I may not have been able to see my music due to the low lighting and glare off my slick page protectors. One of the girls may have started crying when we got on stage...and another girl may have called out to me (please read yelled) to tell me about it. The CD may have skipped several times, we may have had to finish a song a capella, and some of the kids may have gotten two words ahead of the rest of us for a while. I also may have laughed all the way home. :-) But you know what? They sang their little hearts out and they made me so proud!

The end of my AmeriCorps year is turning out to be bittersweet, but I'm so grateful that they've made it so hard for me to leave. I feel that may need to be a blog post for the future, but tonight I'm feeling immensely blessed.

Today's blessings:
  • Spending time with amazing kids
  • Realizing they just might have learned something during the last few months
  • Dancing to ridiculous pop music with those crazy kids
  • Recounting the many stories from tonight to my hubs and my mom
  • Nathan, Tara, and Lydia are on their way...can you guess what I'll be thankful for tomorrow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment