Wednesday, November 2, 2011

2. Mail!

Today's dreariness combined with extra hours with extra wound up kiddos and a tight evening schedule led to a slightly stressed drive home in the rain. Ugh.

When I finally arrived home, not only did I have a generous hubby finishing up the cooking, I had 2 pieces of mail...I love getting mail! Though a typical day only brings junk mail and bills, today brought a special treat: a package that arrived a day early and an unexpected note from a dear friend.


To make matters even more fitting, the package was my gratitude journal I recently ordered. I can't wait to start filling up those lines, naming blessings as I go!

I love how letters are a physical representation of the weight of the words they carry. It's such a special gift. I'm thankful for the little surprises the mailman brings, the words of dear friends, and the way a simple act can turn around a draining day.

"To learn how to be grateful and happy, whether hands full or hands empty. 
That is a secret worth spending a life on learning. 
Even if it takes a Rosetta Stone of decades...
Thanks is what multiplies the joy and makes any life large, and I hunger for it.
Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts

P.S. Andi, you're a treasure! I'm so glad we only have to wait a month to see each other again!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment