Saturday, November 5, 2011

5. Rivalry

It's a big day in our house, one that could test our marriage as it has not been tested before. Michigan is playing Iowa.

Nate is a staunch Michigan fan. I grew up cheering for the Hawks. Things could be much worse, like if either of us was an Ohio State fan, and generally we accept and respect each other's athletic programs. The only exception to this rule, however, is when Michigan and Iowa face each other. Days like today.

Why yes, that is Adrian Clayborn's autograph on my shirt!
Though we do take our college football pretty seriously, this household rivalry is a lot of fun. (Though I am purposely writing this post before the end of the game as to not taint our thankfulness. :-) This mostly-friendly competition has led to a lot of bonding (and sarcastic comments) during the last 4 years.

I am thankful that a sport can bring us together even if when we're cheering for different teams. I am thankful that this year's game is at Kinnick so we at least have a chance. And I'm thankful I am the one writing this post so I can be the last one to say:
GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment