Thursday, November 24, 2011

24. Hope

Deteriorating sicknesses, difficult diagnoses, and family heartbreak. November has been a month full of tough days. Days where the temptation toward bitterness has loomed large, lingered in my peripheral vision even when I turn my head. And yet there is a promise that covers all the hurt, frustration, confusion and lure of hostility: the promise of hope.

No matter what you're facing today, I pray that you are able to cling to the power of hope rooted in God's grace and love. Taking note of God's gifts throughout my days has helped me focus on His goodness in the midst of pain and reminded me that He has never left me. Today His hope is allowing me to rest in His sovereignty. It's a beautiful place to be.
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I pray you are sharing in His hope and grace today. Thanks for joining me as we counted down by counting up our blessings. I'm thankful for you!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, 
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."
Romans 15:13 (ESV)

Today's blessings:
  • Sunshine
  • The smells of holidays
  • Anticipating time with family
  • Relaxation
  • The party potatoes are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment