Tuesday, November 22, 2011

22. Hugs

I haven't been looking forward to this day for almost a year now. Today was the day I told the kids I am leaving next week. I began my AmeriCorps position excited but not really knowing what to expect. I always have known I would work at the Club for a year, but I didn't realize until recently just how much I was dreading saying goodbye.

I am not naive enough to think that all the kids will miss me; in fact, I have a pretty good idea of who will be looking forward to next Tuesday! ;-) But there are those who I know I will miss in a big way. After I explained I was leaving to the kids, I got the beautiful experience of being completely surrounded with hugs from my favorite little people. Hugs just do good things for the soul, don't they?

I'm so thankful for the power of a hug and many people with whom to share the love (especially this guy... :-).

Today's blessings:
  • Cuddle time watching The Sing-Off
  • Singing voices that make me both swoon and giggle with glee
  • The end of the work week
  • A crazy comfy bed...goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment