Friday, November 11, 2011

11. Legacy

While this is not a novel concept, I would be remiss to pass this day without sharing my thanks for the veterans who have served and are currently serving in the military.

Not only am I thankful for their selfless sacrifice, but I am so grateful for my family legacy of military service. My grandfather served in World War II, my uncle served in the Army, and my cousin served in the Air Force. It's a legacy that I feel so blessed to carry. The following is my grandfather's personal account of D-Day. Please click on the image to enlarge and read his story.


I'm so proud and thankful to have known this man, to have called him grandpa, and to be blessed by those who, like him, are willing to serve for the good of our country.

Today's blessings:

  • Recognizing a coworker and friend's service to our country...twice 
  • Light traffic
  • Laughing with coworkers
  • Reliving childhood thanks to arcade games
  • Trying to capture the moon and failing

No comments:

Post a Comment