Wednesday, November 23, 2011

23. History

I'm guessing you either know or have picked up on the fact that I am an unashamed,  full-fledged nerd. I love information, conversation, and anything that I perceive will help me think better or become more knowledgeable. It should be no surprise to you when I say that I have always been intrigued by history.

Tonight we went to this movie, and while it had some content of which I was unaware previous to viewing, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's good storytelling of a man who may have been one of the most difficult people to truly know, and yet his life work had a direct effect on shaping twentieth century history. Mind-blowing. Amazing.

As we discussed the film on the way home, I was reminded of how much I enjoy analyzing historical events and people. This analysis, if properly heeded, has a way of teaching us about the present society, who we are as individuals, and advice as to how to proceed in future situations. (If you've seen the film and would like to discuss it, let me know! I'm always up for a good conversation. :-)

Tonight I'm thankful for the lessons of history and the astounding people God has created.

Today's blessings:
  • Nate passing his last test!
  • An easy-paced day
  • Time with family
  • My personal history

No comments:

Post a Comment