Monday, November 21, 2011

21. Brothers

While I did not intend on concluding this list with all the people in my life for whom I'm thankful, (That list would be quite lengthy!) I would be remiss to skip over two of my favorite people in the world. Being the baby girl of the family definitely has its perks, but the real benefit to being the baby was getting have these two as big brothers.

Nathan and Andrew: Two great men to have at my side!
While they gave me the proper amount of grief during our childhood, I have always looked up to my brothers. They are my protectors and encouragers, wise counsel and dear friends. Nathan and I are wired so similarly that we can often speak in the same voice (figuratively, not literally...) He's full of wisdom and logic, and I know I will always get sound advice when I talk to him. He forces me to not only think, but to think better. Plus he is one of the best conversationalists I know.

Andrew and I have definitely had our moments. We don't think in the same way, and we have to purposely work to understand each other's perspective. He is emotional, strong, loyal, and hilarious. He truly believes I can do anything and makes sure I don't settle. He may have taught me how to fight, but he also taught me how to bring resolution.

I'm so thankful that I get to call these two godly men my brothers. They are such an encouragement and a joy to be around. They've also picked phenomenal women to be their wives, which is an entire blessing in and of itself.

Beautiful sisters! Women I prayed for, wondered and worried about long before I knew them.
I should have known they'd be wonderful!
I miss them fiercely, especially today.

Today's blessings:
  • Friends who care and love deeply
  • Cell phones
  • Lemon tea to end the night

1 comment:

  1. You guys are wonderful! Beautiful words, Anne. Love you guys and praying fervently for you!

    ReplyDelete