Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting and Sovereignty

I'm a sucker for election day. I love greeting the election workers who have dedicated their whole day to the voting process, seeing my name on the registration sheet. I love filling out each circle, voting not just for the major races but also for judge retention and local initiatives. Such good stuff.


This year I was struck by the privilege of election. While I love the process and the traditions, I am thankful that I have the opportunity to quietly voice my opinion. Regardless of tonight's outcome, I am humbled that I had a part in it. While there are many ugly aspects of politics, at it's core, the peaceful transfer of leadership holds a beauty withheld from much of the world. 

Above all, votes cast will not, cannot alter God's ultimate sovereignty. Can there be anything more beautiful? I'm dwelling on that tonight, and I'm grateful.

Grateful List:
  • For this
  • Real conversation with a coworker
  • Opportunities to comfort
  • A schedule-free evening
  • Dreaming conversations

No comments:

Post a Comment