Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nate's Take


Nate’s taking over tonight! I love the little ones, but they wipe me out. Enjoy!

Anne was out of town helping look after our two nieces this weekend while their parents were away, so I was left to fend for myself this weekend. Saturday was a great day for me, filled with the perfect combination of relaxation and productivity. I got to play 18 holes of golf on Saturday, likely for the last time this year, finished preparing our lawn for winter, did a few loads of laundry, and my University of Michigan Wolverines won a thriller in overtime.

Being a bit of an introvert, however, I was not particularly looking forward to attending church this morning without my wife. Since we’ve been married, I’ve not had to go to church alone, and I was a little unsure of myself. As my alarm went off at 7:00, I was tempted with the thought of sleeping in and skipping my 8:15 meeting with other Pledge (high school ministry) adult leaders and the 9:30 service in favor of listening to a John Piper sermon online. I’m grateful the Holy Spirit didn’t let that happen.

The message was challenging, I enjoyed great fellowship afterward, and I was blessed by seeing the entire crew of “workers” we are sending into the field (Matt. 9:35-38) to get Valley Southview, our first satellite campus, up and running. God is doing exciting things at Valley Church, and I’m thankful for those big (church plants) and small (encouragement of friends).

Also topping my thankful list this weekend:
  • One last breath of summer and playing golf with a great friend yesterday
  • Devin Gardner
  • The view of our leafless front yard out the picture window in the living room
  • Having my wife back at home

No comments:

Post a Comment