Sunday, November 14, 2010

14. Proper Grammar

**This one's for you, Nathan!**

In honor of my brother, I'd like to express both his and my gratitude for the use of proper grammar. My mother fostered our grammarian tendencies by consistently urging us kids to look up words in the dictionary, and my love for the English language has only grown over time. The muscles in my back may physically tense up when I see others misuse there native tongue, but my heart becomes happy when I come across a well-placed hyphen or when I see the correct use of a comma, admittedly a difficult thing to do. I fully acknowledge that others do not share my fascination with the rules of language, but I would be remiss to ignore my appreciation for grammar during this Thanksgiving season.

No comments:

Post a Comment