Monday, January 3, 2011

6 Months

To my loving husband,

Six months ago we dressed up, gathered with our friends and family, breathed a sigh of relief after we recited our vows without incident, and entered into our marriage covenant before our Lord and Savior. Your left hand gained a ring. My last name changed. It was beautiful. It was perfect. It was everything a wedding should be.

Our wedding tans have now faded. Your tux has been returned; my dress is packed away; and our friends have returned home. As real life has fully invaded our lives, I realize our honeymoon didn't last as long as we'd hoped. Our days are no longer perfect, but they are beautiful. And I am more sure than ever there is no one I'd rather be standing beside. I love you, my sweet man!

Love,
Your adoring wife

No comments:

Post a Comment