Monday, March 19, 2012

Withered and Time for a Change

Nate was cleaning off our crowded counter the other night and forcing me to throw away some of the clutter. (Nate is much tidier/cleaner/better at this than me. :-) He held up a flower arrangement that was far past its prime and asked with pleading eyes, "Can these go away?" I gave a sideways smirk and conceded, but before he tossed them, we proceeded to have the following conversation:
"Do you want to take a picture first?" Nate asked.
"Why would I want to take a picture of dead flowers?" I asked, slightly surprised and mildly horrified.
"Well, it seems like every time something breaks or something, you take a picture and write about it."

Ouch.

He nailed it.

There should be a picture of dried up, droopy flowers right here because that's exactly how we've been feeling: withered.

But God sustains and renews and has been doing some great things despite, because of, through the hard stuff. So I'm going to be intentional about making things a little more positive around here. I won't lie or sugar coat anything (I'm quite bad at that anyway...), but I do want to highlight God's amazing work!

May this beautiful spring weather infuse your day with new life!

1 comment:

  1. Though we are withered presently, and most assuredly for the remainder of this life, 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 has brought us tremendous renewal of perspective.

    As Isaiah says in 40:8, all fades away, but the word of our God stands forever--and oh how joyous it is that his word brings life!

    Cannot wait to read/hear more of the great things happening in the lives of the Summers!

    ReplyDelete