Sunday, January 16, 2011

December Travel Blitzkrieg (and a ton of pictures)

**I started this post a week and a half ago and am only now getting back to it! We decided to add another trip to our schedule, but I'll save that trip for another post. :-)**

We are home! And we're very excited about it, too. December was full of friends, family, and over 2,529 miles in the car. Though we've barely kept up with the (un)packing, laundry, and figuring out which direction we're heading, it's been an amazing journey! Here's a peek at the ground we've covered in the last four weekends of December.



We started by heading to Pierre, SD for my wonderful friend Lindsey's wedding. She and I have been friends since the day we moved into our dorm rooms at Northwestern, and it was such a blessing to see her joined in marriage to TJ! He is great match for her brilliance and beauty, and it was an honor to stand up with them. Plus I to to reunite with 4/5 the Fab Five (My core group of friends from Northwestern :-).
The Beautiful Bride



These girls make my heart happy. Miss you, Emily!


The following weekend we started our Christmas celebrations by traveling to Kansas City. All of my family was able to be there, and it provided another opportunity to ooo and ahh over Lydia. Do you think she knows she's loved? Even if she gets used as a prop? :-) But she's the prettiest prop ever!



In my mom's words: "Best Christmas present ever: Jesus
Second best Christmas present ever: Lydia"

Eberline Siblings: Love you so much!


Nate and I were able to see both sets of parents during the Christmas weekend. We celebrated with Nate's side of the family on the 23rd and on Christmas Eve. Despite the snow we were also able to attend the Christmas Eve service at Nate's home church. The youth did such a great job! But I will say it was odd to attend the first Christmas Eve youth program since I was a participant!

Summers Christmas


Most Wonderful In-Laws


We spent a low-key Christmas Day with my parents and my grandma. After a wonderful ham dinner, we made our traditional trip to the movie theater to watch Narnia in 3D!





The following weekend we traveled to Indiana to celebrate Christmas and New Year's with Nate's extended family. We were both battling wicked colds by this time (hence us looking beat up :-), so we don't have a ton of pictures, but it was wonderful to celebrate with my new side of the family!


While the Summers side is male-dominated,
we're holding strong and gaining in number!



2010 was an eventful year for us, and we definitely ended with a bang. While the travel tested our grit, we were reminded of the many people we are blessed to call family and friends. Here's to a blessed 2011! May it be just as meaningful but perhaps a bit more restful. :-)

**A Few More Miscellaneous Pictures**

Penny crossed a new milestone:
77,777 miles, the holiest number of car mileage!
(aka we've been on the road long enough to think this is funny. :-)


Nate and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary
which means another piece of wedding cake!


I just can't resist. She's just too cute!


Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment